Okay so, technically, we lied.
There’s no such thing as an “ideal” partner. We know that rural champions come in all shapes, sizes, and unexpected places. (Like the mind-blowing story of our friend Mary from Meat Cove.)
Note: You Don’t Need a Job Title.
Before we get started, it’s important to mention that we’re not too fussed about whether or not someone is “officially” in the economic development space. Often times we find people who are outside the formal structure who are just as passionate and capable as those within it.
You don’t need a job title, you don’t need to be in a formal position, and you don’t need to be “officially” involved in helping switch on your communities.
With all that being said, we’ve been at this for a few years now, and there are definitely a handful of qualities we’re always looking for.
We’d Love To Partner With Folks Who:
1. Believe in a collaborative eco-system
2. Are forward-thinking: they have a clear image of what’s possible in their mind
3. Have a massive belief in the power of rural potential
4. Understand that the deepest impact can take a while to be felt
5. Bring new thinking to old problems
6. Are willing to roll their sleeves up and get in the trenches
7. Value all types of entrepreneurship: tech is an AWESOME category, but sometimes in the pursuit of unicorns, we overlook the impact of someone in a smaller community having an extra $5000 in their pocket each month.
8. They have contagious confidence and courage and are looking to help others manifest their entrepreneurial potential.
This list is by no means exhaustive but in our experience, these are the folks to whom we can provide a ton of value for.
Would you be interested in connecting?
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re an entrepreneur or someone passionate about their community and your business. If you want to help unleash the untapped potential of your community or you have a business idea, here are two ways you can help:
1. Share this article with one friend. Do you have a partner in crime? Do you know people who have BIG ideas and want to unleash them? Who comes to mind? Do you have a name in your head? This person would love to hear from you. Think of the ripple effect you could start!
2. We would LOVE to meet you if you want to plug into our resources. The easiest way for you to do that is to pick a time in our calendar, and we’ll do the rest!